An SFX unit with 1300W max power, is it possible? Yes! Cooler Master did it, the V1300 SFX is the strongest SFX unit available in today’s market. There is a catch, though, it can only deliver its full power with 230VAC input. Basically, this PSU is a V1100 SFX destined for 230V grids, so it can deliver 200W more.
I have already evaluated the V1100 SFX, the strongest small-factor PSU with universal input, so it was high time to look at the V1300 SFX beast, which only takes 200-240V input. Several years ago, SFX units could not pass 750W, but recently we see more and more powerful PSUs in this category. Cooler Master aimed at the top, though, with its V1100 and V1300 SFX models. The best part is that both are ATX v3.0 compatible; hence they can deliver double their power for ultra-short periods to cope with power spikes.
This is not exactly an SFX unit because its depth is slightly longer. CM cheated by having the modular sockets extended beyond the chassis. This trick increased the internal space required for such high capacity. Another interesting feature is that this PSU actually has fan-fail protection, and it is easy to check this out. If you disconnect the cooling fan, the PSU won’t start. It is nice to see this essential protection coming to desktop PSUs because a cooling failure can create huge problems.
Since the Cybenetics report of the V1300 SFX is not available yet, the link above leads to the V1100 SFX report.
- Manufacturer (OEM): Sysgration
- Max Power: 1300W
- Cybenetics Efficiency: TBA
- 80 Plus Efficiency: Platinum
- Noise: Cybenetics A- (25-30 dB[A])
- Compliance: SFX12V 4.0, PCIe 5.0, EPS 2.92
- Alternative Low Power Mode support: Yes
- Power 12V: 1299.6W
- Power 5V + 3.3v: 120W
- Power 5VSB: 15W
- Cooling: 92mm Fluid Dynamic Bearing Fan (HA9215SH12FD-F00)
- Semi-Passive Operation: No
- Modular Design: Yes (Fully)
- High Power Connectors: 2x EPS (2x cables), 3x PCIe 6+2 pin (3x cables), 1x PCIe 12+4 pin (600W)
- Peripheral Connectors: 8x SATA (2x cables), 4x 4-pin Molex (single cable)
- ATX/EPS Cable Length: 310/450mm
- Distance between SATA connectors: 100/145mm
- Distance between 4-pin Molex connectors: 100/120mm
- In-cable capacitors: No
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 125 mm x 65 mm x 100 mm
- Weight: 1.04 kg (2.29 lb)
- Warranty: 10 years