The Corsair AF120 RGB Elite is a high-end fan, advertised as a high static pressure, fan, so it is ideal for cooling solutions. The 5-year warranty partially justifies its high price, while its fluid dynamic bearing promises for low noise output.
I like Corsair’s fans because this brand was the first to introduce ML bearings to the public. Nonetheless, I will look at the AF120 RGB Elite, which uses a fluid dynamic bearing in this review. With a price of $35 for a single fan or $120 for a pack of three, this product is expensive, and it will have a hard time against similar-priced fans like the Cooler Master Mobius 120 OC and the Phanteks T30-120. None of those above fans features RGB lighting, though, and including these features affects the final price, mainly if quality LEDs are used, which is the case for Corsair’s fans.
Cybenetics Coolers Database
Corsair classifies this fan as a static pressure type, which is suitable for use in either air coolers or radiators. This doesn’t mean you cannot use them for chassis cooling. Thanks to the 4-PWM signal, it is easy to drive the fan, and in the three-package, you will also find an RGB controller, the Lighting Node CORE.
- Model Name: AF120 RGB Elite
- Fan Speed: 550 – 2100 RPM ±10%
- Fan Airflow: 13.8 – 65.57 CFM
- Static Pressure: 0.17 – 2.68 mm-H2O
- Fan Noise Level: 5 – 34.1 dBA
- Fan Bearing Type: Fluid Dynamic Bearing
- Fan Connector: 4-Pin PWM
- Fan Rated Voltage: 12 VDC
- Fan Rated Current: 0.38A
- Fan Weight: 178g
- Flow Type: Static Pressure
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 120 mm x 120 mm x 25 mm
- Price (excluding VAT): $35 & $120 for the triple pack
- Warranty: 5-years