Clear all

12900K AIO

12 Posts
5 Users
3 Likes
StanleyB
(@stanleyb)
Topic starter  

Any suggestions on a good AIO for 12900k?

(@jimckd)
Member Moderator

Arctic liquid freezer II 360 or if your chassis is compatible 420.

ReplyQuote
VII Graphics
(@vii-graphics)

011 Dynamic won't fit a 420 radiator, with that being said, 12900 might need a custom loop to be cooled efficiently.

ReplyQuote
(@jimckd)
Member Moderator

@vii-graphics thats why I said about compatibity with chassis (didnt remember his). Also, he asked for aio, thats why I answered for aio. U are right about custom loop, but dont know if he would like to add a custom loop.

ReplyQuote
VII Graphics
(@vii-graphics)

Kostas from TTL tested a 12900 with an 420 aio, It wasn't sufficient enough to keep the cpu from throttling.

ReplyQuote
(@crmaris)
Member Admin

12900K is a beast! You need a hell of a cooler to handle it, especially if you decide to push it. 

JimCKD reacted
ReplyQuote
(@jimckd)
Member Moderator

@vii-graphics true. 12900k is a beast, but u have to cool it, somehow. 🙂 That said, still is difficult to cool it traditionally, since its early days.

ReplyQuote
VII Graphics
(@vii-graphics)

I wouldn't call it a beast though, more like a mishap. It's power consumption and thermals make no sense.

ReplyQuote
ElevenGR
(@elevengr)
Member Moderator

One to thing to know is that 12900Κ is already being pushed to its(almost)limits by intel...
Unfortunately the only way to have <<normal>> temps in this cpu is to lower the power limit to about 175w tdp,you lose a 2-5% depending the app...but imo its worth the trade since you ll have lower temps and 25% lower power.

ReplyQuote
(@jimckd)
Member Moderator

@elevengr Still could have been better. I think Intel rushed to release it, in order to gain her throne by Amd. But thats was its price. But p+e cores is the future, imo.

ElevenGR reacted
ReplyQuote
ElevenGR
(@elevengr)
Member Moderator

@jimckd Indeed,they should already have been in 7nm or less like apple did...

ReplyQuote
(@jimckd)
Member Moderator

@elevengr I have to admit. If the' d like to do it right, they should do it like Apple. M1 and M2 (as it seems) series is top. Arm at its best.

ElevenGR reacted
ReplyQuote
Share: