Notifications
Clear all

Choose PSU 850/1000

10 Posts
4 Users
1 Reactions
(@spec1al1st)
Topic starter  

Hello everyone. I am looking for a power supply for my PC.

I am from Ukraine, so many of the reviews are not sold here.

I am looking for something mid-range, but very quiet, which will have a fan off mode, and the fan itself is very quiet

I plan to install 7800X3D under PBO and something like 7900XT, so I am looking for an 850 W or 1 kW power supply

By the way, can you advise, is 850 W enough or will it be too tight and is it better to take a 1 kW unit?

I have almost decided on the model and it was Seasonic Vertex GX-850/1000, but I read on this site that they have big problems with whistling, but that was in 2023. Who knows, is the problem still there?

Then I thought about ASUS ROG STRIX AURA GAMING 850/1000G, but then I read that it has a Seasonic Focus base, which means it is worse than Vertex and also whistles.

I paid attention to Super Flower Leadex VII Gold 850/1000W, but this unit does not have an input for 12VHPWR, which means that 4 signal contacts in this cable will not work (they are shorted). I want the cable to work as intended by the developers, and not as the manufacturer made it cheaper, for me it is important that there is a 12VHPWR output, so I also refused it.

Fortron (FSP) Hydro Ti PRO 1000 W - unfortunately, there is only one store, without a warranty and it is beyond the budget, otherwise I would take it.

What do you recommend? Thanks in advance and sorry for my English.

I hope for a detailed answer.

(@crmaris)
Member Admin

I would go for 1kW unit, just to be sure and future-proof. 

The Leadex VII Gold 1000W is ideal. It uses 2x 8pins which also pass the required sense signals. It is not mandatory to use native 12V-2x6, actually using 2x 8pins is better (and smarter). 

The FSP Hydro Ti Pro is the best 1000W unit! 

ReplyQuote
(@spec1al1sty)

@crmaris 

Thank you for answer!
But how Leadex transfer signal if signal cables shorted under heat shrink near the input to the block?

And why you banned my first account SPEC1AL1ST?

You have been banned. Please contact the forum administrator for more information.

This post was modified 3 weeks ago 3 times by SPEC1AL1STy

ReplyQuote
(@spec3)

WHY YOU BANNED ME 3 TIMES AGO??? WHAT DID I VIOLATE?

And how can Super Flower transmit data from contacts if they are insulated under heat shrink on the cable?

ReplyQuote
(@crmaris)
Member Admin

I don't see you banned, you need 3 posts to post freely. All the rest have to be approved. 

ReplyQuote
(@spec3)

@crmaris please check your forum settings

Accounts: @spec1al1st, @spec1al1sty - banned, after login i see You have been banned. Please contact the forum administrator for more information.

Its account @SPEC3 is ok.

And question about Leadex:

How can Super Flower transmit data from contacts if they are insulated under heat shrink on the cable?

This post was modified 3 weeks ago 2 times by SPEC3

ReplyQuote
(@spec1al1sty)

Thank you, this account unbanned. But the main account @SPEC1AL1ST is still banned.

ReplyQuote
(@spec1al1sty)

@SPEC1AL1ST is still banned.
You have been banned. Please contact the forum administrator for more information.

Anybody can help?

ReplyQuote
(@spec1al1sty)

Fine!
@SPEC1AL1ST is still banned for nothing.

NO ANSWER on question "How can Super Flower transmit data from contacts if they are insulated under heat shrink on the cable?"

Nice forum! Thanks!

ReplyQuote
(@crmaris)
Member Admin

Join our discord server. I don't have the time to check the forums also.

SPEC1AL1STy reacted
ReplyQuote
Share: