Clear all

Asus loki 1200w fan replacement for noctua

9 Posts
2 Users
0 Reactions
 Jon
(@jon)
Topic starter  

Asus loki 1200w, I replaced the original fan with a noctua NF-A12x15 fan. Because it was not under warranty, and the original one stopped working. I have not found anything better in terms of performance and noise ratio. Now I am interested in a question that no one can answer, I hope that you, as the best in your field, will answer me. Will the performance of this fan be enough to fully cool this power supply?

(@crmaris)
Member Admin

To answer that, I will need to run a full test on the PSU and perform a thermal analysis, sorry. 

ReplyQuote
 Jon
(@jon)
Topic starter  

@crmaris 1- if there is overheating, what will happen, damage to the power supply or the system as a whole, or just the operation of the overheating protection and the unit will turn off? 2- I understand that it is impossible to answer such a question objectively, but in your opinion, can such a power supply be used or is it better to replace it for safety reasons?

ReplyQuote
 Jon
(@jon)
Topic starter  

@crmaris I forgot to add it. I tested the original fan from another power supply unit, 1200 watts of the same on the processor radiator and tested the noctua fan, but the actua showed less power at maximum rpm compared to the original fan 5-7 percent down. that is, the difference is small, I suppose, what do you think?

ReplyQuote
(@crmaris)
Member Admin

power doesn't show the airflow (CFM) levels though. 

ReplyQuote
 Jon
(@jon)
Topic starter  

@crmaris Can't the force of the airflow + the air pressure combined be called power in this case? the test through the radiator grille of the processor also depends on these values. don't think that I'm arguing with you, I'm clarifying.

ReplyQuote
 Jon
(@jon)
Topic starter  

@crmaris Also, could you answer this question: if there is overheating, what happens, damage to the power supply or the system as a whole, or just the activation of the overheating protection (which it has and I believe it works that way) and the unit will turn off?

ReplyQuote
(@crmaris)
Member Admin

OTP will kick in to save the day, given that it is present and properly configured of course! 

ReplyQuote
 Jon
(@jon)
Topic starter  

@crmaris Is this protection set up and working well in the Asus loki series? You've checked them out more than once.

ReplyQuote
Share: