Corsair HX1000i (2022) relay clicking?

5 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Rottmeister
(@rottmeister)
Topic starter  

Hi,

Just some time ago I bought new Corsair HX1000i (2022) psu. It seems to work well but ,,clicks" every time some load is applied to it, for example; starting FurMark, ATItool or some other stress test. This does not seem to happen when I undervolt my Asus Noctua RTX 3070 gpu. I thought that perhaps switching between multi-rail to single-rail this behaviour would stop but no.

Is this something that newer (digital) psu*s do or could be it some malfunction with the unit ?

(My current HX850 unit does not click regardless the oc or voltage of either GPU/CPU)

Thanks!

This topic was modified 1 week ago 2 times by Rottmeister

crmaris
(@crmaris)
Member Admin

Clicks. Hm no it shouldn't do that. The PSU only clicks once it starts, because the bypass relay cuts off the circuit the NTC thermistor. 

ReplyQuote
Rottmeister
(@rottmeister)
Topic starter  

Ok, understood. So its most likely faulty unit or perhaps my gpu malfunctions and causes psu to activate some protection ?

Although I dont get bsods and gpu seems to work well otherwise...

ReplyQuote
Coool
(@coool)
Eminent Member

@rottmeister, can you locate from where's sound is coming and post picture?

🌈

ReplyQuote
Rottmeister
(@rottmeister)
Topic starter  

@coool Well its definitely coming from psu, not sure where exactly. What is wierd tho is that when I reset my gpu*s clock-speed and voltage, it clicks. With slight undervoltage and lower mhz, there is no such thing.

ReplyQuote
Share: